Wednesday, October 12, 2011

THE FACE.

I see how you look at me.
You and others.
I know your darkest desire,
One most intimate.
What is it I represent to you?
I am aware of my power,
Of the spell that I so easily cast...
But beyond The Face - Am I just smoke and mirrors?
I sense that my words, and anything relevant to who I really am is really
IRRELEVANT.
I see how you look at me, and how blind I have been...
How could I only just have realized?
For you see what you want to see,
but you hear not a word that I say.
And of course, I have been caught in your trap,
For though your web dissolves at times, and my escape is imminent,
Upon spinning a new web, I shall be caught once again.
Perhaps the magic is really yours, perhaps you are The Magician.
Perhaps I have been The Fool.

But I know - HOW YOU LOOK AT ME, and I     
                                                                      still
                                                                           possess 
                                                                                       that spell.
Anything above and beyond what you see when you look at me, may be meaningless, at least to you, but I know, who I am - and I am strong and independent, my words mean much - to many.
I AM above and beyond my Face.

No comments:

Post a Comment