Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Puzzle Piece


The Puzzle Piece: 13 April 2013

I am whole,
And I feel complete.
And then – there's something missing.
All thought processes slow down -
and there seems a strange distant darkness,
it's inside – I know this.
And in this gloom, I feel around, inside myself -
Inside MY SOUL.
I hear my own breath -
                                  Hear my own HEART, beating to a slow silent
                      Rhythm,
And I feel, I touch, I reach out.
But it's complete – I AM WHOLE!!
WAIT! There is something MISSING!
The darkness has changed,
light has infused,
but still in there, where I can now see,
there is but one small patch of blackness,
and a sharp light catches my eye,
as if from a small and clear jagged shard of glass,
A tiny slice of my being, broken out and fallen to the ground.
And I feel that to be complete once again – I need to reach out
and take it – Replace it.
But FEAR grips at me – small as it is;
                                       That shard will CUT ME;
                                       Slice at my skin;
                                       Slice at my SOUL -
as it has done so many times before,
               and there is no adhesive – 
no glue that might hold this one tiny bit in place.
THIS TIME: Do I leave it?
Let it lie there? Will it eventually disintegrate?
Disappear?
But it MUST!
For I will risk my soul no more;
this is a puzzle piece that I can do without -
I KNOW THIS,
but I am held back,
I hold myself back – for this LONGING!
For this
CRAVING!
And suddenly I am reminded of ALL I STILL HAVEso much -

LOVE,
        TENDERNESS,
                             COMPASSION,
                                                  LIFE!!!

I dedicate this post to anyone who has loved and lost! And loved!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment