Tuesday, April 30, 2013

DECIPHER


I have questions,
to ask.
Perhaps of you.
And perhaps of no one.
And maybe, there are no questions.
What happens in this mind of mine?
Where does it go?
Where do I wonder.
Tell me: Why am I RELEVANT?
Tell me, what is it that draws you to me?
Or is it me to you?
Do we even know?
Do I, Have I,
Made a difference?
Do I light up your sky?
There are moments, perhaps split seconds in each day, where I am lost
and INCOMPLETE.
Where there is a tear in the fabric of my existence,
and a moment later it reseals itself – as if -
there was never a void.
I know these words are complicated.
Even hard to decipher.
I doubt you could even read between the lines.
It's because this is it.
This is me.
Strange.
Complicated.
I have found.
I have LOST.
I have hated,
I have Loved,
and I do LOVE.
I have hurt.
I have BEEN hurt.
And I do STILL cry.
Because people tell me,
they have been hurt so badly that they
                                                  Choose
not to feel.
Shut down all emotion.
I would have to  
                    BEG TO DIFFER.
Who are you?
What are you?
And what will become of you, if you follow this path?
PAIN. I have suffered it.
HURT. Been integral to my life.
Everything that you have suffered,
                                               I have suffered too.
Perhaps to different degrees.
But the essential difference between us is this:
                            Take a stab at my heart.
                              Hurt me as best you can.
                                Hate me. Or love me.
                                 Laugh WITH me.
                                    Be my friend.
                                     Save my enemy.
                             Choose your path with me, 

                                 and I will take it all. 

I will accept your anger, hatred and the
pain you cause me.
I will HOLD the laughter and the love.
Because this is who I AM.
More.
I am MORE.
And so are YOU.
I WELCOME everything you throw at me.
I EMBRACE it all.
And after all is said and Done,
I hope and pray that you and I and all of us will come full circle. 

That you will finally be

                                         COMPLETE!

No comments:

Post a Comment