Monday, February 21, 2011

The Mask You Wear

Strangely I felt as though I knew you then.
Perhaps not much more than usual, perhaps just a little more.
A week ago, this was.
But it seems to me that I was not paying attention to the signs; to the words she uttered,
I must have been so self absorbed. I heard her though, and like the past where the worst wrongdoings of a man beating a woman in front of my eyes, I was not affected. Yet, After...
When the words she uttered changed course, and meaning changed, and she changed and revealed more of herself, and more of who she truly is and experiences, then my view of you changed.
My realization of who you/she was/is, became something that sent me reeling in my own private world. 
And the shock, like the past where the wrongdoings of a married man, having an affair, did not affect me, the truth revealed about a friend, you, all in the space of a week, did indeed affect me. 
Because deep down, we want to see, believe, and feel the best for Everybody. We want to BELIEVE that Essentially, EVERYBODY is good. 
But it's sad to think that people, some of them anyhow, are pretending, are not real.
Have a face to put on for the world everyday. Sad to think that some of those people are...my...

FRIENDS!!!

2 comments: