Friday, January 27, 2012

THE WEDGE



It's fiction, Untruths, filtered down and through these lives.
I may not want to believe that this is even me,
I am included.
We all ARE to one degree or another.
Aware that we should be satisfied and fully complete with all that we have
and all that we are – yet there are ripples and tides underneath
the surface,
that pull us down, 
taint our every fibre,
fill our every moment with false hope.
Reaching out, NOT NEEDING, no – not needing.
WANTING.

And so, a wedge is created, small in the door.
A wedge nonetheless.
Impossible to destroy, having grown stronger for time:
A shorter span of perhaps three years
and a seemingly timeless connection of two decades.

The Wedge, like a web, spun anew in 5 months...
What are we to capture and hold onto?
What are we to devour? IF ABLE.
Aware of a venom, coursing slowly through our lives,
from a gentle bite.
Lingering slowly,
burning with a passion.
SATISFIED.
I AM.
AND I AM NOT.
                       WILL AND WILL NOT BE –
                                                                            TILL I HAVE HAD ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment